Job Title: Project Officer
Reports to: Programs Manager
Coast Interfaith Council of Clerics Trust (CICC) is a clerical organization initiated in 1997 and registered as a trust in 2005. CICC is dedicated to using intra and interfaith dialogue, in all her initiatives. CICC is led and governed by a Board of senior religious leaders representing: the African Traditional Religions, the Catholic Church, the Council of Imams and Preachers of Kenya, the Evangelical Alliance of Kenya, the Hindu Council of Kenya, the National Council of Churches of Kenya, the Organization of African Instituted Churches and the Supreme Council of Kenya Muslims.
CICC-T in partnership with Mercy Corps is implementing a preventing violent extremism project in Kilifi dubbed Jenga Umoja Zuia Ugaidi (JUZU). The project is in phase two of implementation and is working with religious leaders as the key influencers in the community. It seeks to enhance /improve the capacities of religious leaders to prevent the spread and growth of violent extremism in their communities. The project is implemented in partnership and collaboration with all the Mercy Corps partners implementing the CREATE program in the coast.
The project expected results are:
- Community influencers capacitated with diverse skills, tools and knowledge to champion PVE.
- Gender segregated PVE interactive platforms facilitated to amplify female voices and participation in PVE actions.
- Religious leaders promote multi-sectoral approach to preventing violent extremism.
The Project Officer joins CICC efforts towards the prevention of violent extremism. Under the supervision of the Programs Manager, s/he will be responsible for providing technical support towards implementation of JUZU project. S/He will be based in Kilifi and will be responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of the project The Project Officer will be required to develop effective working relationships with various relevant stakeholder including government, civil society organization and private actors and investors. Working within the CICC’s PVE program areas the officer will be expected to identify opportunities for intervention scale-up, strengthening and sustainability even after the Mercy Corps Funding
The core activities of the incumbent will be to provide technical oversight, the preparation and implementation of the project including, but not limited to:
- Support the implementation of JUZU project activities while ensuring achievement of their expected results by:
- Preparing detailed work plan for the planned initiatives;
- Prepare activity plans for the implementation of project activities and works;
- Planning and conducting activities to ensure visibility of the religious leaders initiatives, CICC’s PVE work and Mercy Corps support towards JUZU Project.
- Promote inclusivity and gender equality throughout the project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Promote affirmative action: Inclusion of PLWD, Widows/Widowed,& Orphans.
- Providing content on major achievements for the JUZU project to the information and publicity team services to increase the visibility of CICC and the donor’s PVE efforts.
- Following–up on the implementation of contracts, providing technical input and review, assessing the quality of services provided, and requesting disbursement of funds;
- Establishing useful links with relevant government authorities, civil society organizations and private actors to support the JUZU initiative and the entire PCVE interventions in Kilifi County;
- Providing technical support to religious leaders in order for them to implement the JUZU project successfully;
- Participating in coordination meetings, learning meetings and maintaining; positive relationships with the project donor partner; Mercy Corps;
- Collecting relevant data for monitoring and reporting on project progress;
- Preparing reports for the project activities and progress;
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluation initiatives for the project in Kilifi County.
- Representing CICC in meetings, conferences and other networking events when required.
- Carrying out other activities and tasks as requested by his/her supervisor or the management.
Qualifications, Experience, and Personal Attributes:
- A University Degree in Social Work, Community Development or Development Studies with at least three-years’ experience.
- Integrity, reliability and sense of commitment in the execution of duties.
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of results-based and budget management tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to draft clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to maintain effective working relationships in a multi- religious/cultural environment.
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage heavy workloads and to meet tight deadlines, paying close attention to detail and quality of work.
- Strong IT skills including good knowledge of standard office software.
- Sensitivity to the local context.
- Willing to abide by the policies, rules and guidelines of the employer.
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Ability to communicate in written and spoken English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of the local language of the county is an added advantage.
Key Working Relationships: Internal: CICC staff, CICC members,
External: Local Implementing Partners, GOK, faith-based organizations, relevant private sector entities, local communities, beneficiaries, donors and other stakeholders.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply
If you are a professional with a passion to make a difference in people’s lives, send your application letter and updated resume to email@example.com Attn. Human Resource Manager.
You can also drop your application letter at Coast Interfaith Council of Clerics Trust, Kongoni Road, Off Beach Road, Nyali, Mombasa County.
Deadline for submitting applications is 16th July 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.